Beke Beau is an award winning professional make-up artist, specializing in wedding and commercial make-up and styling. She is based in the Philadelphia area and the is the founder of the Beke Beau Makeup Studio. She is also an Adjunct faculty member at Immaculata University.
Beke is candid and open about her unpredictable journey from Rock Star to the Harvard School of Divinity. Initially, after high school , she was feeling out of place in college so she dropped out of the University of Vermont after 6 weeks and began her role as an 80’s Rock Star. After about 7 years on the road as a rocker, Beke decided to go back to school in NYC, and to her surprise, ended up a Phi Beta Kappa at Hunter College. Beke’s love of Sociology and Philosophy lead her to religious studies and she ended up getting into Harvard’s School of Divinity. “If you get into Harvard…you have to go to Harvard!” Beke has had a colorful and truly eclectic life. Her unlikely roadmap proves you cannot always know your exact path, but you can follow your heart and intuition to be fulfilled and meet your challenges. She started her make up career with Laura Geller (QVC) and Kimara Ahnert, both highly successful entrepreneurs in the world of cosmetics. Beke is now sharing her knowledge about makeup teaching mature women, and other up and coming make up artists, at her Beke Beau Makeup Studio.
Listen to the Show
In this Episode...
- Love and thoughts of natural products.
- Guide to anti-aging.
- “Tree Hugging” mentality about wasteful product packaging.
- “Go-to roadmap” to personal beauty rituals.
- Great inexpensive mascara.
- Pet peeve for “over-done” fake eyelashes.
- Teaching women to address their best assets and avoid unnecessary application of makeup and products.
- Microblading and plastic surgery
- A History of God, by Karen Armstrong
- LashBlast Fusion Mascara by Cover Girl
- Voluminous Mascara by L’Oreal Paris
- Baby Wash and Shampoo by Eucerin
- Paula’s Choice (make-up products)
- Enzyme Cleanser
- Pressed Powder by Jane Iredale
- ReVita Brow
- Rodan+Fields Lash Boost
- Beke’s blog
- Beke’s make-up studio
Get on the Bus with Us!
Want to stay up to date with the latest episodes from Ladies Roadmap? Subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts to listen now, or download for later, so you never miss a show!