We welcome back Melissa Tooker, founder of Mortgage America and a financial consultant of 20 years. Melissa was a stock broker in NYC, then in 1986 moved back to California where she was planning to go into commercial lending. However, believe it or not, even as recent as 1986, they were not hiring women in the commercial lending industry. She went into residential lending and realized how overqualified she was so Melissa began looking at the Mortgage Lending process from a more holistic approach. She began coaching clients not only through their loan process but helping them plan their financial roadmap.
Listen to the Show
In this Episode...
- Melissa shares how all of this can be stressful and many women enter into the mortgage application process without a comprehensive knowledge of their finances.
- We talk about the new landscape and criteria for buying a house since the financial crisis and mortgage meltdown of 2008.
- Melissa advises on the importance of having someone who will coach you and help get all of your credit and financial strategies prioritized to benefit your loan approval and get your finances in order.
- JoJami asks, “Is it a good idea for my son to double down on his payments to pay off his mortgage?”
- Melissa talks about diversifying your assets and getting tax credits. Also, is it a good idea to buy a second property? All of this and more from our Ladies Road Map Money Matters expert.
Get on the Bus with Us!
Want to stay up to date with the latest episodes from Ladies Roadmap? Subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts to listen now, or download for later, so you never miss a show!