Listen to the Show
In this Episode...
Did you know “empty nesters” are the highest growing community to develop eating disorders? Today we have Robyn Goldberg, RDN, a certified eating disorder registered dietitian supervisor, certified intuitive eating counselor, and a Health at Every Size® (HAES) clinician. We deep dive into this often misdiagnosed and stigmatized subject. Robyn just released her book, The Eating Disorder Trap, which combines the latest research, as well as the knowledge she has gathered working in nutrition for over two decades. As a nutrition therapist, she helps people connect their feelings around food, breaks myths about the nutritional, psychological, and medical components of eating disorders. Join us as we deconstruct and get some great pointers on how to recognize many of the eating disorder signs and traps.
You will hear:
- Why you could be hungry all the time.
- The most common eating disorder.
- Common misconceptions.
- The percentages of women to men with this disorder.
- The importance and kind of professional you want to seek out for eating disorders.
- Red flags and some of the telltale signs to look for and how subtle they can be.
- Is this treatable and can you recover?
- The importance of feeling emotionally fulfilled when eating.
- What you need to know about medical insurance and eating disorders.
- The reason fats are so important.
Don't Miss Out!
Join our FREE Ladies Roadmap Facebook Group! This is where the magic happens! We discuss how to get started Journaling and more! You will have free access to both JoJami and Lana every week to answer your questions or just say “Hi!”
We are part of the Fashion Flash Influencer community of women over 40 who share beauty and fashion tips! Check out this week’s tips, here!
Never Miss an Episode!
Want to stay up to date with the latest episodes from Ladies Roadmap? Sign up for our weekly newsletter and subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts so you never miss a show!